ThyssenKrupp Drauz Nothelfer GmbH (automotive / car industry)
The German based company ThyssenKrupp Drauz Nothelfer was awarded a contract to survey an existing car production plant. This task had to be completed in a short period of time and in a consistent and efficient manner. One of the major goals was to quickly transfer the results into familiar and existing CAD systems, e.g. AutoCad, FactoryCad, and RobCad. Owing to the use of modern 3D laser scanning technology, a visually faithful representation of all installations and equipment was created in one session, serving as an ideal basis for planning decisions.
Afterwards, PointCab Layout created the top view using the data collected by the laser scanner. Less than 24 hours after surveying the plant, the company’s engineers were using the top view, created by PointCab, with their familiar CAD systems, without any extensive laser scanning training or knowledge of point clouds. Another big advantage of PointCab is its independent file format that allows easy data sharing between participating parties.
- quick use of surveying results of the existing production plant
- immediate import of scan results into existing CAD systems
- PointCab Layout was used to create layouts and sectional views based on laser scanning data
- use plans of robot cells for examing robot positions, cable tunnels, mountings and safety devices
- uncomplicated processing of results in CAD systems due to interfaces
- Increased time efficiency due to automated creation and analysis of laser scanning data.
- Easy use in existing CAD tools because of high compatibility of PointCab.
- Possible reuse of created plans and models.
Thanks to PointCab we’ve synchronized layouts without the need for modeling.