–  With PointCab, you create true-to-deformation plans, layouts, sections, views, meshes, DTMs, vector drawings and other more easily and quickly as in your CAD system. Then, you can use the results in your CAD system thanks to the universal DWG format.
 Due to PointCab, you can easily and quickly work with Allplan, even with huge point clouds. By generating plans and sectional views as ortho photos, you transfer only the information that is relevant for modeling.
 With PointCab, you can “adjust” your point cloud for Allplan. You can just extract the desired areas of the point cloud or single 3D points and reduce data volume extremely while maintaining the desired accuracy.
Use case: Plant engineering and building equipment
Kai Schuler’s workshop explains in a complete use case how to manage scheduling with Autodesk Inventor quickly, cost-effectively and accurately on the basis of laser scan data.
- Starting with the first view of the point cloud via
- the first meeting with the customer,
- the following precise planning based on ortho photos finally through to
- the creation of 2D plans for execution.
The advantage of PointCab ortho photos for layout planning is that you can fit new plants into the existing room – taking account of the existing structure – without complex as-built modeling.
Shapes, which are difficult to detect in 3D point clouds, can be identified more clearly in ortho photos.
As a result, you can easily generate the required 2D plans base on the ortho photo.
© Copyright - PointCab GmbH 2018